Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Art of Body Language


I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and it seems that the topic of body language keeps popping into my mind. Maybe it’s because I see it every day and everywhere.


Just today I was watching our two dogs they were showing aggression towards each other. It was subtle at first and then turned into a fight to become “top dog”.


Now it’s not just in animals, I see and read the body language of people when ever I am around them.


Some times it’s clearer to read than others but it is always there.

(Well unless maybe you happen to be talking to someone who is paralysed.)


Just the other day I saw someone and there body language was so clear it just about hit me in the face.

For example there is one person I know that doesn’t like me for some reason I don’t know why. Well on this occasion he happened to be sitting next to me. Usually I will talk to him but this day he didn’t want me to. Now he didn’t say this in fact he didn’t talk to me or say anything at all in my direction, he didn’t look at me and he sat with his back to me which was basically him putting up a wall. So he made it pretty clear that I wasn’t to talk to him and just through body language.


Not all body language is so negative, if someone wants to talk to you or they are “into you” they should make eye contact, they might move there body slightly so that they are facing you more directly and maybe even unconsciously mimic what you are doing.


Ok so I have done a little research in to body language, but it doesn’t hurt to know these things. The more you know the better equipped you are to take on the world I say.


This topic doses make me wonder, so I have a question for you.

Do you notice body language? If so can you read the body language that you are seeing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment