Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Boy on the Scene

Ok so as you may have noticed I like to use “code names” on my blog. They are a little bit random but that’s how I like it and at least you can keep up with all the different boys I’m talking about.

So I have been talking with this boy lately and I have a feeling he will probably feature in my blog a little bit every now and then. His code name “Mr catfish” a stroke of genius I know *takes bow*.

Anyway Mr Catfish and I have been talking for about a year now on and off. He’s asked me to “go out with him/ be his girlfriend” twice each time I was coming out of a relationship. The first time I didn’t really give him an answer because I’d been asked on a couple of dates with another guy and Mr Catfish hasn’t even hung out with me in person. The second time because I’d just been dumped and I really wasn’t in the mood for being in another relationship or boyfriend hopping I turned him down just saying that I needed to be single for a while.

We get along alright, we mostly just text or talk on facebook chat or msn sometimes we even do video calls. He has admitted to having feelings for me in a roundabout way but he won’t ask me out. He asked me to have a sleep over with him which I said no to as I know sleepovers usually mean sex and if any of you girls out there think other wise then you will probably have a rude awakening.

In other words, no that is not a flash light in his pocket and yes he is happy to see you, but that is probably only because he wants something and your co-operation is required for that something to happen.

Mr Catfish and I were talking the other day and the conversation touched on “bed buddies” and he got a bit excited about this. “Bed Buddies/ Friends with benefits” is generally when two people have agreed to use each other for the purpose of sex.

I have nothing against sex but it’s not what I want at the moment I need something that’s more. I’d rather have someone who’s loyal and dependable. Who is there because they want to be and who enjoys talking to me.

Not someone who has sex with you then disappears for 2 weeks only to show up again and continue the pattern. That’s not the kind of life I want, I don’t enjoy nor do I want to be treated like a piece of meat. I have had some experience with this in the past and it was no fun for me and I hated it. I’m really not interested in doing it again.

So for the moment I like Mr Catfish and he likes me. But I have little hope that anything will ever happen which is a bit of a pity. For now it looks like we’ll just be friends but that’s an outcome that I can live.

Any advice is always welcome.


0 comments:

Post a Comment